Thursday, October 31, 2019

Happy Halloween!


Today's  Stamp Simply Halloween project features a darling old-fashioned Halloween scene (or two)!  Vintage Halloween images bring back such sweet memories of when I was a little girl and my older brothers would take me trick-or-treating.  We would go all over the neighborhood and end up at Caraway's Pharmacy where there were always fabulous freaky displays and people dressed in incredible costumes.  There was even a headless horseman on horseback!


It wasn't unusual in those days to receive home-made ooey gooey popcorn balls, rich fudge or crunchy peanut brittle.  I've been traveling a lot lately, so I was happily able to complete the paper-crafting part of this project well in advance, but had to opt for store-bought sweets because of the tight timeline I have in between trips.  (I've just returned from the Southeastern Animal Fiber Festival in North Carolina, and will be heading for the Tampa Bay Ukulele Getaway tomorrow).  


The tag on the candy bucket is made like a little booklet from two-sided paper.  This is one of those KISS projects...keeping it sweet and simple yet still made with lots of love!  Here's hoping that the one who receives it knows how very special they are!  

Supplies:

No comments:

Post a Comment