Thursday, May 16, 2019

Stars & Stripes Forever!


I just LOVE this polka dot paper!  A few weeks ago when I made another patriotic card I used the negative space from the dies and had these partial stars left over.  Since Memorial Day is fast approaching, I decided that I should use them for another Americana card and today's Stamp Simply project.    


It's sorta fun to mix and match papers from different pads and companies, and that's what I did here.  The mat of blue card stock under the focal point stars is actually made using a die cut.  

The kraft card base is sort of an ode to the beach, since  many consider Memorial Day the official kick-off of Summer and so many Floridians head to the shore for the holiday.  


Here's the inside...simple with that bright pop of patriotic color.  I very nearly stamped a thinking of you or sympathy sentiment, because remembering loved ones lost in service to our nation is what Memorial Day is truly all about.  Three servicemen lost their lives over the span of the nearly 29 years that my husband served in the Navy, and each Memorial Day we remember them and their families.    

Supplies:

1 comment: