Thursday, November 29, 2018

It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas!


Hi everyone!  Are you starting to feel the Christmas spirit?  I usually struggle to get into it but once Thanksgiving has passed, especially if the temperatures plummet as they have in the last day or two (I'm sitting before a warm, crackling fire as I type) and the neighbors begin putting up their Christmas lights, the enthusiasm is contagious.  I adore this season and always wish that it lasted longer than a single month.  Every year I vow to do my best to savor it, but it always seems to just fly by.

My Stamp Simply project for today is a quick CAS card that lets sparkly designer paper, punch-outs and metallic ink speak for themselves.  Although it does have popped up elements on the front and a trio of tiny pearls on the inside, it is still relatively flat for mailing.  


The focal point is a holly leaf colored with Copic markers and Wink of Stella pens.  The sparkle of the Wink of Stella helps to unify the leaf and the glittery designer paper background.


The inside could just as easily be the outside of another CAS card! I used one of the boughs from A Godly Man to stamp a Christmas tree bough decorated with a few gold baubles.  Here too, there is the sparkle and softness of clear Wink of Stella and gold Delicata ink.

Here are the supplies used for today's project:
I'll be saying farewell to November Friday night with a ukulele workshop, then welcoming December with a celebration of Colonial Nightwatch Saturday evening in St. Augustine, and a community Advent service closer to home on Sunday evening.  Hopefully there **might** be some time to get a little decorating done in between!  

1 comment: