Thursday, January 11, 2018

A Little bit of coffee...


...and a whole lot of Jesus!

The idea for today's card comes from Kintsugi, the centuries-old Japanese art of repairing broken pottery with gold.  An article from My Modern Met states: "This repair method celebrates each artifact's unique history by emphasizing its fractures and breaks instead of hiding or disguising them. Kintsugi often makes the repaired piece even more beautiful than the original, revitalizing it with new life."  To me, that is what time spent with God does with our broken lives, so I wanted to make a card with a crackled cup featuring Kintsugi paired with this sentiment from Stamp Simply.  It would be a great way to encourage a friend to take a time-out from a stressful life with his or her Bible and a delicious cup of coffee.



Everything about this card is "latte" from the theme to the color scheme, including the coffee gift card in the pocket on the card front. 

I know I am probably very late to the "Jesus Calling" bandwagon, but one of my Bible study friends had an extra copy so now it's mine, and I'm loving it!  What a great way to start the day!

Here are the supplies I used for this project:

No comments:

Post a Comment