Thursday, December 28, 2017

Tea Time Morning Devotion


I have had so much fun playing with the new "Coffee or Tea?" stamps and dies from Stamp Simply.  This set of dies and the coordinating sentiments are so versatile!  Since the cup and handle are separate pieces, you can mix and match for the look of your choosing, and then stamp the perfect sentiment for the coffee or tea lover to go along with your design.

I love stamping for card-making, but I have been dabbling in mixed media.  I recently got a copy of Jesus Calling from one of my Bible study friends and that inspired this tea time morning devotion journal page.  I love the quiet of the early morning when it's just me with my cup and some thought-provoking, heart-stirring scripture.  


Two sheets of beautiful designer paper inspired the colors for the distress ink and texture paste lace background.  Look closely and you can see the gorgeous metallic silver sheet music and sheer vellum swirls of steam rising from the cup.  I added more shine with Silver Shimmer Delicata ink and some splatters of Finetec silver metallic watercolor paint.


Because the background was textured, I opted to stamp verses and a title on some vellum, then die cut around them and attach them with rhinestones to cover the places where the glue was applied.  


The process of making this two page spread was so enjoyable, and I am absolutely delighted with the outcome!  I hope you like it too!

Here are the supplies I used to create them:
May the Lord bless and keep you today and always!  Wishing you and yours the very best for 2018!

No comments:

Post a Comment