Thursday, August 9, 2012

Days Gone By!


I absolutely love cream and black together, especially when paired with vintage images!  This old sewing machine from OCL's Days Gone By is one of my favorites!  My mom actually has an old treadle machine much like this one!  She taught me to sew on a much newer Singer, and it is a skill I'm very grateful to have been given.  I used to sew most of my own clothes, but now I mainly sew on my cards!  :)

This Teresa Collins paper reminds me of beautiful fabrics:  dainty calico, delicate dotted Swiss, and masculine pinstripes.  I punched an eyelet through the sentiment banner and then used a few dressmaker pins to attach it to a May Arts gingham bow...LOVE how all these elements work so seamlessly together!

Visit the OCL blog to find out about prizes and see much more inspiration using OCL and May Arts.

9 comments:

  1. Oh my!! This is gorgeous! I absolutely love the cream/black combo and it is perfection with the images and papers you've used. LOVE this card!

    Cheers!
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty, I love all the antique stamps that are out. They really bring me back to my age. I agree with Jennifer that the cream/black are perfect. Wonderful card my friend.
    Hugs,
    Gretchen

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a fabulous and lovely card hunnie...just too fab hugs sassyxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this stamp set it reminds me of my Grandmother. And the black and cream are so lovely together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous paper and love the design and great vintage feel!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your Days Gone By card. Sew stinking cute. I will have to get this set for sure. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  7. The two sweeten with their good humor and positive life charisma, certainly not just for us the day. Just wonderful to watch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! It's so pretty and sophisticated.

    ReplyDelete