Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Made in the Shade!


I was invited by my friend and stamper extraordinaire, Taylor, to make a sample for this week's Splitcoaststampers' Sketch Challenge. Here's what it looks like...definitely a challenge, don't you think?!  Especially if you are like I am and have the tendency to interpret sketch challenges rather literally.

For a couple of days I kept looking at the layout, hoping to come up with an idea...then, finally (at the 11th hour, which is typically the way it works for me) I made a clean and simple design using Debbie Corbari's Tree-rific Trees from Our Craft Lounge.

Maybe you're wondering why the tree is upside down?!  I hope not! Our front yard has a graceful, arching oak tree with moss-laden limbs that overhang the lawn, and as you sit in the shade and look up through its branches at the sky, the view is very much like this! Even the cardinal (and squirrels, too!)

Here's what the inside of my card looks like...just in time for Earth Day on Sunday, April 22, 2012!

Notes:
Tree-rific Trees from Our Craft Lounge
Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Dew Drops
Copic markers
Zva pearls
scalloped circle punched from copy paper for masking the sky

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous interpretation of the sketch, Deb! Love the clean and simple design and the bright pops of color against the sponged sky backdrop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card, inside and out. The sponged cloud background looks great along with the tree brand and birdie!
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete