Wednesday, June 1, 2011

New LAD Singles!


I actually squealed out loud the first time I saw the adorable Lizzie Anne Designs singles being released today!  They are cute as can be!  Since we used to live in Hawaii and now live in Florida, they could not be more perfect!  They remind me of some of my favorite Christmas ornaments, made with Fimo clay and purchased back in the late 80's when I was working as a young physical therapist at Kuakini Medical Center in Honolulu.

KaiserCraft's Seaside designer paper works great with these little darlings!  I used two punch out borders and a tag sentiment that are part of this 6 x 6 pad to make my Surfer Dude card, which follows last week's LAD sketch.  The focal image was stamped with Memento Rich Cocoa ink on Copic blending paper and colored with Copic markers.  I used a yellow-red Copic marker to add a border around the oval to match the pre-printed tag (Life is a Beach!), then drew a "skippy" line made with a brown fine-tipped pen around both to tie the designs together and accent the lines of the layout.  Everything was softly inked with tea dye distress ink.  Of course, anything Hawaiian needs a flower, even a boy card!  This one was cut with a Spellbinders Rose Creations die and given a KaiserCraft pearl center.

Hula girl is every bit as adorable as Surfer Dude!  She makes me smile as I remember the little girls' hula classes at Halau Hula O Maiki where I took hula for four years!  How precious they were!   I love the music and culture of Hawaii and I'm so glad to have gotten to experience life there!  I am finally learning to play the ukulele I bought right before we moved!  :)

You can be sure there will be more Hawaiian cards from this hanai Hawaiian girl!

6 comments:

  1. Your card is super sweet Deb...and I love those papers!! How awesome that you used to live in Hawaii! I would love to visit some day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool! Makes me want to head to the beach! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is superb! I have these papers but haven't used them very much, I love what you've done with them, they're perfect with the stamped image, aren't they? How fab to have lived in Hawaii, I will go now and try not to be jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful job! Love Hawaiian themes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun card. I have the right guy to send this one to. LOL Thnx for sharing.
    Hugz, Dottie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute. Cute. Cute. What great papers and color combo. Love the "skippy" line framing your cute image.

    ReplyDelete