Friday, June 10, 2011

Gone Fishin'!


I am very honored that Tiffany Richards of Tiffany Doodles is an admirer of my work!  She invited me to play with a few of her digital images as a guest designer, and when she sent these fishing digis it made me giggle...if you've known me very long, you might remember my fishing tale which ended in ER getting stitches!  The lure I got hooked with was similar to this one, but it had three hooks on each end instead of two.  Ouuwieee!

My in-laws live on a lake which is right on the Wisconsin border with Upper Michigan, and each summer we go to visit and spend some time enjoying the water, fishing, boating and tubing.  My husband really loves it there, and when he goes fishing he's always after "the big one"...I, on the other hand, am happy to catch even a small fish and prefer more frequent small catches rather than the occasional large one.  We each have managed to land a couple of whoppers, and I'm sure they grow larger every time we tell the tale!  That's why I wanted to use this particular print from Basic Grey's Life of the Party designer paper!

I printed the greeting in a simple font, positioning the lure alongside the sentiment to the left of the rod and reel.  The other images were printed on the other half of the 8.5 x 11 inch sheet so that they could be colored with Copic markers, cut out, and positioned on dimensional foam dots.  I printed a second rod and reel so that the handle portion could be pieced atop the designer paper.  The only additional embellishment is a strand of knotted jute.

Patrick will get a kick out of this whimsical, colorful Father's Day card, and I'm glad to have gotten it done so early!  Matthew and I will be on mission in Costa Rica on Father's Day Sunday and Matthew will be going to Ichthus before that, so we'll present it to his dad before he leaves!  

Enjoy your weekend!  I've got a lot to do to prep for our trip!  It's just a little more than a week away!

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful Father's Day card, Deb! Cool images and so fabulously colored!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lovin' your card Miss Deb!!! Hope all is well....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a clever design!!! Love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this! Oh, I definitely remember your fishing story because I think of it every time I go fishing with DS. And now that he's fly fishing and whipping that line around its even more on my mind. LOL!

    ReplyDelete