Monday, May 30, 2011

Ice Cream?!


What could be more perfect for Memorial Day?  I hope you've enjoyed the day, which is, in the U.S., the unofficial kick-off of summer.  According to the Today Show, more beef is consumed on this day than any other...and after the cookout, I'll bet there's lots of ice cream!

I edit my pictures on the PC (using a couple of favorite old programs) but prefer to write up my posts and link products from my comfy chair using my Mac laptop.  Earlier this month I loaded some pics to blogger thinking they would be ready and waiting, accessible with the laptop while we were traveling in Louisiana.  WRONG!  Blogger has been having lots of issues this month, and I lost several draft posts during that time.  Now that we're back home and re-establishing the routine, I remembered those photos and gathered them together for today's post.  So happy that I can blog from the freedom of the laptop again!  I don't like being tethered to the desktop anymore!

These cool and delicious desserts are made with two sets from the {stamps} of Life, scream4icecream and cone2dish.  There are solid and line art images of different sizes that coordinate and work interchangeably, which make these two sets fun and versatile!  You can color them, paper piece them, or stamp the solid images with ink. 

My first card was made by paper piecing a soda shop glass, some chocolate ice cream, a bright pink cherry and green spoon for a long card of BoBunny dots and Echo Park designer paper.


It's fun to pair these images with brightly colored papers and other TSOL sets, like invite2create.  Here I used some old DCWV glittery designer paper with a bright silk bow and a big blingy cherry.


You can dress them up or keep things CAS...of course, even with a simple design, a little pink frou frou never hurts!  ;)  Here, the chocolate ice cream was topped with Glossy Accents to mimic Magic Shell.  YUM!  As a kid, that was my favorite.

Last week I posted a hinged card made with these two sets for a VSN challenge.  Easy peasy and lots of fun!

I'll be back in a few days with some cards made with a new club set from the {stamps} of Life, so I hope you'll visit again!

1 comment: