Monday, May 3, 2010

May Flowers for Mom


Here's a card for today's SCS Clean and Simple challenge...May Flowers/Mother's Day. The only stamping on it is the Lizzie Anne sentiment (from It's Good to be Queen). LOVE the colors in this KaiserCraft Peachy Keen 6 x 6 designer paper and punch-out elements. I don't typically work with kits like this, but I did have a good time with this quick card, which is based on Joslyn's LAD sketch for the week.

Can't wait to get to actually stamp in my new studio (especially since evidently the light in the dining room must not be so fabulous!  I promise that this ribbon matched until I walked away from the table)!  I am making slow progress getting all of my stuff put away and the desktop cleared so that I can finally move in because I've had lots of deadlines along with the major distraction of the dryer finally dying.  That means we've been appliance shopping...ugh, makes my head hurt!  Certainly makes one appreciate everyday conveniences!  Ha, never thought I'd ever say I wish I could do laundry!  ;)

6 comments:

  1. Deb, this paper is wonderful! I love the single sentiment, and the framing of it is so nice! Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your take on the sketch. i linked to you on my post over at the lizzie anne blog. the papers your used are so great. i love this card (my favorite sentiment).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful work with these gorgeous papers, Deb!! A clean and simple beauty!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those papers, Deb! Good luck appliance shipping. (I love my new washer and dryer!) And I hope you get time to work on your new room.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is very pretty, would make any mom happy to receive this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The designer paper is great, and so is your bow! Very nice job.

    ReplyDelete