Sunday, May 16, 2010

Fun Classes!


Yesterday was such a fun Saturday! I spent the day in Ocala at Priceless Scrapbooks teaching two classes on cards with fancy folds and Our Craft Lounge stamps.  For each two hour class we made two cards, and the ladies got a fun stamp set to take home too...we had such a great time!

For the morning class we used my fav set from the new release, Life is a Picnic, to make an easel card and a gift card wallet.  I adore this BoBunny Jasmyne paper!  The colors are so warm and lovely, and the pinks were perfect for this sweet watermelon image.  The ant was colored with warm grays which blended great with the tones of the paper.  What do you think of the little flower on the inside of the card?  Instead of using it as a mound of grass with a flower the way it was intended, I decided to turn it on its side so it would look like a flower with little fern-like leaves...do you think it worked?  I just wanted to try to get my students to look at their stamps and begin to think about different ways to use them instead of being bound by convention.

The drive from Fleming Island to Ocala is a beautiful one along small state roads and one larger divided highway, transitioning from our wide, majestic St. John's river and flat marshlands to the rolling hills of Florida's horse country...miles of white fences, pastures of cattle and horses, stands of oaks, orange and pecan trees.  While the days are long and I can go and come during daylight hours, it is a very enjoyable way to spend a Saturday afternoon.  :)

Hope you are enjoying your weekend!  Blessed Sunday!

Notes:
Life's a Picnic 
Copic markers
small and large nestabilities circles
crepe ribbon, jute thread
Tim Holtz distress ink
EK border punch

5 comments:

  1. What lucky class members!!! I would have loved to have been there!

    I really like how you used the fold on this card!! Great papers and coloring, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful, Deb. I'm with Jules! I would have loved to be in attendance for this class. You're phenominal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job Deb! Sounds like you had a great class!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Deb! This is fabulous! Love the colors! And I would love to do lunch someday! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card, Deb! Sounds like a fun class. And a beautiful drive.

    ReplyDelete