Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Color Dare #20

Stamping is always fun, but some cards are definitely more fun than others! This was one that came together quickly and was a real joy to make! The color combination is this week's Color Dare--Pacific Point, Bashful Blue, and Cameo Coral--using OCL's fun set, The Botz Family.

I stamped my image in Black Stazon on regular white cardstock. Next I very quickly stroked in some diluted color from the lid of the Cameo Coral inkpad using a relatively dry aquapainter. It is important to work quickly and use as little water as possible. (Another option would have been to use paper specifically designed for watercoloring, but I wanted the bright clean white color and smooth texture of regular card stock for this image.) I colored the robot with a Bashful Blue marker, then used a blender pen to stroke in a bit of Pacific Point to shade portions of the design and totally color in others. It is interesting to me how the Pacific Point almost looks green in certain spots. The cake was colored in the same manner with Cameo Coral and Bashful Blue markers, then shaded with the blender pen with Pacific Point. I cut and embossed the oval image panel with Nestabilities.

A Cuttlebug numbers embossing folder gives the Cameo Coral layer some texture. The panel of Bashful Blue which tops it has a border of nuts and bolts along the edges and a zig-zag impression with a Cuttlebug border folder in its center, barely visible in the photo.

Hope you'll visit the Color Dare Blog and play along! We have a whole new crew of designers along with the four originals! Check it out!

6 comments:

  1. What a fun card Deb! I love the way you colored it too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely adorable! I love the robot. I'm going to have to try this one sometime! Hope all is well! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. hehehe, this is too cute, Deb!! What a wonderful use of these colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this OCL set! It so reminds me of the Jetsons!LOL! Great colors! BTW I left a little something for you on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super fun. I love the coloring -and that the blue seems green in some places - perfect! GREAT card!

    ReplyDelete