Sunday, March 15, 2009

Think Spring!

I love Spring! There's nothing like the burst of new life that the warm weather brings after the dormancy of winter.

All my life I've lived in the South. I've always wondered how the azaleas, redbuds, and dogwoods know that it is Easter time. It seems to never fail, no matter whether Easter is early or late in its cycle, that the dogwoods are blooming at Easter to tell their Easter story through nature as Christians everywhere are retelling theirs through song and drama. Each Palm Sunday our church hosts an Easter Egg Hunt and the children scramble to find brightly colored eggs peeking from underneath the spring blooms. Everywhere you look you see new life and hope.

My card for 2RedBananas Spring challenge is a reflection of those thoughts...I love these cute images from Abbey Westemeyer's set, Bunnies and Eggs. The striped side of this October Afternoon County Library two-sided paper reminds me of the fragrant jasmine vines that climb my neighbor's trellises and fill our entire cul de sac with their sweet fragrance. Not only that, the name of it just makes me smile because my mom worked for 20 years in our parish library (remember, I'm from Louisiana). I stamped the bunny and egg in Memento Tuxedo Black ink, colored them with prismas and baby oil, then shaded around them with a Copic marker and blender pen. I knotted some beautiful aqua May Arts mesh ribbon through a soft green Imaginisce flower and tucked the egg/sentiment behind it. I just couldn't resist giving this little guy a few monofilament whiskers.

8 comments:

  1. Oh Deb...this is just wonderful! I love how you pulled these colors together and those whiskars are just darling!! I really enjoyed reading your post too - it was nice to share some memories with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet and just adorable! Very, very pretty! Love everything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He,he,he - soooo sweet - this is a gorgeous card - Deb!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such an awesome card. I love how striking the colors and papers are together, and the bunny is so adorable - especially the whiskers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Deb, This is WONDERFUL! I love the whiskers and the colors you used. Very cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How very sweet!! Look at those fun whiskers!! OMG!! :) This is so cute Deb!! TFS!

    ReplyDelete