Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Color Dare!

Color DareI was feeling stumped by this week's Color Dare--Night of Navy, Always Artichoke, and Pretty in Pink with optional colors Close to Cocoa and Cameo Coral--until my brand new stamp set, Flowers for You, from i {heart} papers arrived. I took one look and knew that this bouquet would be the perfect stamp choice to try to *work in* so many colors.

I stamped the bouquet using Palette Noir ink, then colored a faint Night of Navy background shadow using a very damp aquapainter. I painted the leaves and stems in Always Artichoke with a few touches of Night of Navy, and the flowers of Cameo Coral and Pretty in Pink.

I tried to work in a piece of designer paper with my design, but really preferred the less competitive solids and settled on a piece of chocolate and pink Basic Grey Bittersweet 6 x 6 print that reminds me of a palette knife painting. I used multiple mats, some circle punch tabs, and Moxie buttons tied with cording in my layout in an effort to incorporate all of the challenge colors. I am really having a lot of fun with these Color Dare challenges, and hope that you are finding inspiration each week in the cards that we make using the off-the-beaten-path color combos that Riley keeps coming up with! Be sure to blog hop to see what she, Stephanie, and Mandy have come up with using these colors!

9 comments:

  1. Very pretty Deb! That color combo is quite challenging...hope to play after I getsome sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deb your card is beautiful! I love how you chose to combine all of the colors. Just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, so pretty! Wonderful coloring and great choices for the color combo! I almost never use Cameo Coral, but should after seeing your card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That stamp was perfect for the color dare. Very pretty, of course I always like a card with green in it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Deb, this is fabulous!! What a gorgeous creation!! The colors are awesome!! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you did a fabulous job with this challenge :)

    ReplyDelete