Thursday, August 13, 2026

Deepest Sympathy


Hello friends!  

It seems that the older we get, the more often we need sympathy cards.  I really prefer making them before they're needed and having some stashed and ready in advance.  Occasionally I will make one specifically for a particular person and their loved ones but I find that emotionally much more difficult.  Either way, the process is always a thoughtful, prayer-filled one.  

For this week's project I used both of our Silhouette stamp sets (current product of the week)...the sea oats/wheat image from Autumn Silhouettes, and the sentiments from Eucalyptus Silhouettes.  I love how "Florida" the result turned out to be.    


I used an assortment of distress oxide inks to make a colorful focal image background that would harmonize with this beachy designer paper from Craft Consortium's Test of Time.  For many people, images of the ocean are timeless and soothing, bringing peace, calm and clarity to a troubled heart.  That makes them seem especially appropriate for acknowledging the loss of a loved one, especially here in Florida.  


The inside is another inked background with a beautiful, comforting verse.    

Supplies:

No comments:

Post a Comment