Hi everyone! It's July and I have been having a blast with all the crafty things! I'm participating in several "Christmas in July" challenges and there is also "Tour de Fleece" so it has been extremely busy around here!
Stamp Simply has an amazing Christmas in July promotion going on through July 25th, and when I was deciding upon what to stamp, my current Swan City Yarns self-striping socks pair-in-progress was obviously an influence!
I die cut the stocking in white and used a ruler with some Copic markers to color the stocking in the same color way as my socks. (If you decide to try it, I'd recommend that you have a baby wipe handy to clean the color from your ruler so that the colors stay pure and clean without muddying). The cuff, heel, and toe are in a contrast color just as my socks IRL will be.
The mats behind the stocking were die cut with Spellbinders rectangles. I used the fishtail banner die for the sentiment which fit absolutely perfectly. Embellishments include jeweled snowflakes, some white acrylic paint "snow" and a big ole turquoise bow! These colors just make me so happy! Definitely one of my favorite Christmas color combos!
Here's the inside. All of the stamps and sentiments are part of one stamp set bundle.
- Stamp Simply Clear Stamps - Christmas Stockings & Mittens Bundle
- Spellbinders Nestabilities - Standard Rectangles SM
- Spellbinders Nestabilities - Standard Rectangles LG
- Stamp Simply Steel Dies - Fishtail Sentiment Banners
- May Arts 1" Grosgrain w/Satin Edge - 30 Yard Spool - Turquoise
- Kaisercraft Self-Adhesive Round Rhinestones - Aqua
- Copic markers
- white acrylic paint "snow"






No comments:
Post a Comment