Thursday, July 18, 2024

Hello Dear Friend


Hello dear friends!  :)  I'm here with a very CAS card that was actually made while spending Zoom time with my dear spinning friends (from the Jenkins group on Ravelry)!  I usually spin too while we chat, but I really needed to stamp and so I made two cards while listening to the conversation.  This is a really quick and easy card anyway, but wow!  How time flies when you're having fun!  It felt like it only took 5 minutes!  

I used a Tim Holtz die to cut the black honeycomb, glued it directly to the card front, and then colored the openings with a gradient of yellow hues of Copic markers.  Even with heavier card stock for a base, the markers bled through so...


...this was a quick, cute, fun, and easy solution!  This paper just screams Summer and those tiny bees are so darling!  I love it!  Of course I have a thing for bees because my name, Deborah, means bee in Hebrew and Greek.   🐝   ❤️


A flat, no-frills card is perfect for mailing, but I thought it would be fun to have a dressed up version so I added a black twill bow, some "dripping honey" beads, and a layered button to mimic the black and yellow of those wee bee bodies.  So this is probably quite literally a 10 minute card!  

Supplies:
Add-ons

No comments:

Post a Comment