Thursday, April 13, 2023

Graduation 2023



The 2023 graduation season is fast approaching, so I am here today with a slimline card (finished size 3.5 tall x 8.5 wide) in local high school colors with diagonal lines inspired by the school's website banner.  All of the stamps, dies, and papers I've used are available from Stamp Simply.    


The sheet of gold-green from the Patina paper pad is perfect for representing FIHS colors!  The Ink Drops line has colors of nearly every hue so I'd bet you can find one that will work for your school's colors too!  Here's a link to all of the store's Craft Consortium papers including Ink Drops papers and more.    


These Countdown numbers from Tim Holtz are so perfect for birthdays and graduations.  I cut them from the gold pearlescent paper and added one of our die cut graduation caps on top of the zero.  

The die has a tassel but I decided to replace it with a tassel made from gold cording.  The cording I used is one we have for hanging Christmas ornaments and it's a little stiff which made it perfect for this purpose.  I just tied the cording into a tassel, then made a loose knot and threaded the ends through a hole pierced into the cap.  I used my piercing stylus to guide the placement of the knot as I tightened the cording, then taped it to the back securely.  A tiny thread of glue holds the threads in their proper place on top and a little glue dot holds the top of the tassel to the card base allowing the threads to fall freely.

Here's the inside.  The green and gold theme is continued here with a ribbon die cut from the same papers using dies from the Tim Holtz Collector die set.  

No comments:

Post a Comment