Thursday, November 24, 2022

Happy Thanksgiving!


Happy Thanksgiving everyone!  I know today is an American holiday, but each and every day is a good day to be thankful so I hope y'all will celebrate along with us!  

My family and I have so much to be thankful for!  Most are simple, everyday things that have to do with treasured relationships, health, hearth and home (and maybe a few stamps and ink, a spindle or wheel or two and some fluffy fiber to spin and knit because creating brings me peace and joy)!  

Our son (who lives in Virginia now) is home for a visit and more than anything that makes my heart happy.  I've been in the kitchen cooking for days already, so this evening we will have a Thanksgiving feast to celebrate being together, sharing the bounty of the harvest and our favorite flavors of the season.  


My card for today is a very sweet and simple card given a splash of unusual color (inspired by the designer paper) with Copic markers and some added sparkle with a clear Wink of Stella glitter marker. The oak leaf die cut allows the base layer to peek through the sheet of designer paper, and the sentiment and acorn embellishment add a little dimension that is squishy enough to make it through the mail machines without mishap.  

I hope you have a beautiful day and that it will be the beginning of a wonderful countdown to the end-of-year holidays.  It's such a magical time that seems to rush by in a blur when we'd rather it pass slowly so we can savor it!  Holiday blessings to you and yours!    

Supplies:

No comments:

Post a Comment