Thursday, October 1, 2020

Building the Kingdom


Hi everyone!  Welcome back!

Sharon sent some messages to our design team earlier this week and then when I went looking through my supplies for this week's project, inspiration struck!  This Little Lumberjack designer print made me think of Louisiana and all the trees that were blown over during Hurricane Laura, all the chain-sawing going on there during the last month, and how my sweet little home church has been "Ministry Central" for so many people! For the majority of the month, I've seen nearly daily FB live videos of the mayor of Westlake inviting people to Westlake UMC for a free meal, bottled water, supplies, etc. I'm sure that under the circumstances it would be quite easy for them to grow weary, and I thought this scripture from Hebrews was so appropriate!  


The card is an Interlocking Gate Fold card (tutorial here).  Easy and fun with a lot of wow for a little time.  

Tip: I cut the frame and the sentiment panels twice so that the double-thickness would be stronger and hopefully resist bending as the card is opened and closed.


The bow was a last-minute addition.  Here's what it looked like without it.  This simpler version, even with the dimensional adhesives under the sentiment and the tiny heart, would be relatively flat for mailing.

No comments:

Post a Comment