Thursday, January 2, 2020

Happy New Year!


Happy New Year!  It is so exciting to "turn the page" not only to a new year but to an entirely different decade! I am excited for 2020!  

For most people, the new year is a time of reflection and personal introspection.  Maybe even some goal setting and changes in behavior.  That's certainly true for me.  I was doing really well with my health and fitness plan but I've gotten side-tracked lately and need to refocus.  

I have found that while I like having an electronic calendar with reminders, I really do better with personal accountability if I keep a handwritten journal.  I like being able to see at a glance which supplements I've missed, how often I've exercised, or look back to see what food it was that might be causing me symptoms since I struggle with food sensitivities.

I've decided to return to using a Traveler's Notebook on a daily basis.  Basic is fine, but being a paper crafter, I wanted to dress it up to make it fun to use, and to add some encouraging scriptures and quotes.  Stamp Simply's scriptural stamps make it easy to do that.  I chose these particular sets because thoughts of creating a clean heart and becoming a new creation fit right in with resolution-making for this time of year. 


I took my traveler's notebook insert and fancied up the cover with pretty papers, stencils, inks, embossing paste, and splatters of gold.  It's textural but still very low profile to keep it easy to write in.  The layout would work just as easily as a card front, with the bonus that it is flat for mailing.  Beautiful papers and textures, bright colors and lots of gold shimmer ensure that flat for mailing does not equal boring!


Inside, the first two-page spread of the New Year has some smashing, smearing, stenciling, splashing and stamping.  Quick, colorful, spontaneous and effortless is the name of the game here.  I also used a Fudenosuke` pen to calligraph January at the top of the pages, and will document and journal daily the important happenings, thoughts and emotions that are pertinent to record.  

I also plan to digitally print a month-at-a-glance checklist of the medications and supplements (B vitamins, C, D3, eye drops, etc) that I take for my Hashimoto's, including exercise and other habits I'd like to incorporate more consistently.  I've been awful about remembering this stuff, especially when I'm traveling, so that will help tremendously.  It will be a full sheet that will fold, tuck into and "travel"  along as the calendar progresses.   

So here's to feeding our bodies and minds all the good things they need to stay healthy and happy for the coming year!  Blessings to you and yours for 2020!

No comments:

Post a Comment