Thursday, November 21, 2019

My heart belongs to Yooper!


I'm SO excited about our most recent Stamp Simply release!  I didn't even know that this stamp set was in the works, and yet I could not have requested one that would be any more sentimental if I'd designed it myself! 

Unless you're from Michigan, you might be left wondering what in the world is that?!  It is a map (stamp and die!) of "da U.P."  My husband is from the U.P. of Michigan, and for all of his Navy career he was known as "Yooper."  To me, he was not "a" Yooper, but "the" Yooper.  😂  Stamp Simply is located in the U.P., so this stamp is a very special release for Sharon and her local customers, as well as for my husband, my in-laws, and me!  I have found the U.P. to be a place with a personality all its own, and it will be fun to have a stamp set to celebrate that local flavor.  


The designer papers I've used for this card make me smile, because they remind me of the woodsy decor of the basement of my in-laws' cottage.  Our family has made lots of great memories there over the years, although I will admit that I much prefer to go when there's no snow!  (While he's a Yooper, I'm a GRITS...a girl raised in the South!  I grew up in Cajun southwest Louisiana.  My whole life I have never lived more than a mile north of Interstate 10 except for the six weeks we lived as newlyweds at the Navy Lodge in Norfolk, VA!)

I inked a piece of Kraft paper with blue distress oxide ink and then stamped and diecut the U.P., splashing it with water, blotting, and then splattering with diluted gesso to give it that snowy look.  The tiny heart on the map is over Iron Mountain, my husband's beloved home town.   


I had to do some selective stamping of the sentiments in the set to create the perfect phrase for "my" Yooper...but it was not hard to do at all!  If you're a Yooper too, you'll find plenty of fun sentiments in this set that are great to send from one Yooper to another.  

Supplies:

No comments:

Post a Comment