Thursday, February 7, 2019

Strawberry Season


Today's Stamp Simply card looks like a Valentine and very well could be, but the local Strawberry Festival just a month away is what actually inspired it. I was flipping through a paper pad and came across this cute strawberry print.  Mmmm, I love strawberries!  They're my favorite!  Inspiration, and (I found out later) an OOPSIE...the sheet was actually tucked into the wrong paper pad.  It's Authentique, just not from the Authentique pad I thought.  ðŸ˜³  This one is retired.

 
I loved the look of this particular color of green seam binding against the vines in the paper, but didn't have the right color of green card stock to match.  No problem!  I die cut a few leaves from white card stock, colored them with a Copic marker and used the leaf die to "stencil" the veins/markings with distress ink.  With that beautiful seam binding, some jute thread and Petaloo mini blossoms, the leaves provide a focal point on the card front and bring a pop of color to the inside as well.


I had only this one piece of card stock in perfectly matching dark red.  Not even another single scrap for that little tiny heart...so I die cut the heart from one corner to use on the front of the card, then folded the card stock so that the opening was on the back/inside.  I glued a strip of the strawberries designer paper to the back of the card so that it peeks through the heart-shaped opening, adding a stamped/embossed sentiment, a couple more leaves and some enamel dots.  A cute solution that solved another card stock shortage problem.   I really need to make a card stock order soon!

Supplies:
I can hardly wait to show you the rest of the cards that came from this stamping session and the next! I had two productive afternoons in the studio.  Be sure to come back next week to see them!  ☺️

3 comments:

  1. Wow, the inside is so cute too. I love that color of the seam binding too. It looks get on your card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty card, Loving that strawberry paper. Now you have me wanting strawberries. Glad I stopped by. Happy Day to You!
    cindys-greencricut

    ReplyDelete