Thursday, August 30, 2018

Blessed are those who mourn...


...for they shall be comforted.  I am so thankful for this scriptural promise!  Last week was a very difficult week.  The 20th was the 4th anniversary of my mother's passing, and on that very same day my sweet uncle passed away.  He was the husband of my mother's youngest sister, and a Baptist preacher/minister for as long as I can remember.  My heart is heavy for my auntie and cousins and all of those who are grieving his passing.  


I love sympathy cards with scriptural sentiments, but it seems even more appropriate than ever under this circumstance.  I am wondering how many times in a lifetime of ministry my uncle might've used these words to comfort his grieving parishioners.  I pray that they now will bring comfort to his own family. 

Usually I use more neutral colors for sympathy cards but for some reason this time a pop of bold color felt essential.  There's also the subtle sparkle of diluted Delicata ink on the floral focal point and the edges of the sentiment panel.  It brings some elegance to an otherwise relatively simple card.


And here's the inside.

These are the supplies I used for this project:

No comments:

Post a Comment