Thursday, June 21, 2018

Happy Birthday!


Today's easel card for Stamp Simply was inspired by my mom! Today would have been her 90th birthday were she still living.  She loved books, and in fact, worked for many years at the Westlake Branch of the Calcasieu Parish Library.  She had a wonderful collection of books on a wide variety of subjects.  There were always stacks of books on the stool that sat beside her rocker and on her nightstand.  She kept one at arm's reach in just about every room in the house, including the kitchen!  She especially loved cookbooks!


There was a special of Little Women on TV not long ago, and I was really excited to watch it, mainly to see the costumes (in the midst of sewing my own 1860s attire, you might remember)!  I look at this vignette differently now than I would have before, noticing the details of the trim on their dresses, the collars and cuffs, the way their hair is worn.  When I was stamping, I was happy to find a way to nestle things together without having to cover anything significant, because this paper is SO lovely!


Here is a detail shot of the floral cluster.  The green of the leaves, orange of the flowers, the yellow burlap string, yellow pearls and vibrant blue faux canvas ribbon bring all of the colors of the paper together into the embellishments, while the tulle and lace add femininity and softness.  


The birthday greeting on the front is echoed by the traditional greeting that peeks from inside when the easel card is propped open.

Here are the supplies I used, all from Stamp Simply:

1 comment: