Thursday, July 13, 2017

Come Near to God


Hello and happy Thursday!  I hope you're having a great week!  

I had to reach for this Stamp Simply scripture stamp for today's card because it was one of the scriptures we studied this week for our women's Bible study.  (We are a little over half-way through Lysa TerKeurst's "Finding I Am" and it has been wonderful so far.  I really like her down-to-earth writing style.)  The designer paper that I used in the background has the definition of "devotion" which really seemed to go perfectly with the idea of drawing near. There's even a book in the corner of the other print, and while it isn't a Bible, at first glance one might think that it is.     

In some of the art challenges I have been completing lately, I have been painting and splattering everything, and so I decided to try it on a card.  I squished and scribbled out some Spun Sugar distress ink and Earl Grey gelatos onto my craft mat, spritzed them generously with a mini mister, and then used the gelatos paintbrush to flick color onto the finished card.  I also used the Earl Grey to lightly tint the edges of the designer paper.  It made the paper a little crinkly and warped, so I stitched around the edges to help flatten it again.  I'm just really lovin' that crinkly, splattered look!


Here's a closer look so you can see the detail of the flowers and tulle, some of those splatters, and the shimmer of the silver ink.  


Inside is also lightly splashed and splattered.  I used the gelatos stamp as a corner accent with a single pink rhinestone.  

All of the supplies I used are from Stamp Simply:

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful card, wow so much detail and I love the placement of that pink bling.

    ReplyDelete