Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Oui, Paris!


I have always been drawn to images of France and the Eiffel Tower! I found some pretty designer paper with a map of Paris and thought that it would make a nice masculine non-traditional Valentine for my husband.  As a young Navy wife I took a plane to Marseille to meet him when the aircraft carrier pulled into port, and we took the bullet train up to Paris for a whirlwind, romantic trip. We even stayed in the turret of a castle in Rambouillet!   I love that this card will have special significance for him and bring warm memories to mind.


The front of the card features our Paris washi tape and a bronze Eiffel Tower brad.  The stamp set that I used included vintage postage marks, so the tape and twine give the card the feel of a parcel.


To carry the theme and colors to the inside, I added a strip of mail washi tape along with a fleur de lis and a larger, die-cut image of the Eiffel Tower.  


Fun and not too frou frou!  I think he'll like it!

I have another more traditional Valentine project planned for my next post!  Hope to see you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment