Sunday, June 30, 2013

Just a Note!


Here's another card for my faithful friend on mission in Tennessee. The pretty papers are from Authentique's Remembrance 6 x 6 pad, and the stamps are a new, versatile favorite, Wplus9's Blanket-stitched Blooms.  What a great set!  Since it has both outline and solid stamps, you can choose to either stamp the blossoms or color them in with markers, as I did here.  I stamped three of each one so I could fussy-cut them and add dimension between each layer.  (There's an accompanying die for the three larger blooms in the set, but these are the smaller ones.)

I absolutely love that periwinkle blue, and Memento's pistachio ink was a perfect match for the green, so the sentiment is soft and subtle!  It's a play on words since the print on the vertical panel has just a hint of time-worn music notes...so lovely!  Cards with music always make me smile!  I wrote my "life verse" on the inside of this one, along with a few encouraging words for my friend.  
The LORD your God is with you,
He is mighty to save.
He will take great delight in you,
He will quiet you with his love,
He will rejoice over you with singing.
Zephaniah 3:17 NIV
Hopefully our young missionaries and their chaperones have arrived and are getting settled in and organized for the work they have in the days ahead!  I'll be keeping them in my prayers.

Notes:
Memento's Tuxedo Black and Pistachio inks
Authentique's Remembrance designer paper
dimensional adhesive

2 comments: