Tuesday, November 15, 2011

GRS Design Team Challenge


Our Gourmet Rubber Stamps team was given an inspirational color  challenge!  Just look at this beautiful Fall image!  I was drawn to the soft turquoise blue hues and the speckling of the leaves.

I started with kraft card stock spritzed with Tsukineko's Summer Sky Fireworks, then added two prints from Authentique's Gathering designer paper.  The Big Thank You sentiment was stamped on a tag cut from the flip side of the dotted print.  I colored and shaded the letters with Copic markers, keeping the colors soft.  To embellish, I added a layered bow of satin, twine, flowers and jeweled pins, along with matching pearls and swirls.  The pearly Fireworks makes it so pretty IRL, very hard to catch in a photo!

This layout was inspired by CAS Fall-to-Layout #166.

Be sure to visit the GRS blog!  There are peeks there, and links too, of all of my design team mates' challenge creations.  Now's a great time to shop...it's Black November!  Everything (except Diner’s Club stamps sets) is marked down 25%!

Notes:
Lizzie Anne's Big Thank You from Gourmet Rubber Stamps
Authentique's Gathering designer paper
Kaiser Craft flower
antique stick pins

9 comments:

  1. I love how the sentiment becomes the focal point! Great layout as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute, i am loving the pearly swirl!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pearls, the pearl sticks especially!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this color combo and the way you used it is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card! I love the pearl swirl - and how you've put it on some designer paper. Very elegant!
    Sarah
    http://sarahsassy468.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous, Deb!! I love your spritzing and all of your pearls!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is so soft and pretty! I love the swirl of pearls and the little card corsage you added to the tag.
    Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete