Friday, September 10, 2010

Mummy!


It's Friday (yay!) and that means that a new sketch debuted this morning on the Our Craft Lounge Blog!  I love sketches because layouts are the most challenging part of card-making for me, and having a sketch takes some of the stress out of trying to come up with something interesting.

During my plane ride to Michigan I colored lots of OCL images with my Copics, and this one from Mummy X-ing is one of my favorites!  (Thanks, Tami, for the reminder for the link!)  It isn't a far stretch to imagine the kids grabbing the toilet paper to mummify the family kittie!  I'm sure that all the ensuing meowing would translate to a cry to "Mummy" for help!  I actually remember of one of my nieces (when she was about 2 years old) sitting on top of her cat and stroking (in other words, pulling) its tail...the cat lay there patiently enduring for a moment before softly swatting her away!

These gorgeous papers were a gift for attendees of the SEI party where their entire summer line was debuted.  I love them because they have beautiful enameled and metallic accents in addition to the fun colors and patterns.  These happen to be 12 x 12, but Kate carries the 6 x 6 version of Spooks which is even better because of its smaller scale for card-making.

I used small and large circle nestabilities to cut and emboss the image, then softly sponged the edges of all the papers with black to add emphasis to their shapes and the way they all come together in the layout.  I love the way the metallic portions of the paper resist the ink...it makes the paper almost glow!

I hope you'll visit the OCL blog to find more inspiration and then add your link to play along!  Have a great weekend!

11 comments:

  1. Super cute Deb!! Love the clean look to this, really lets this cute image take the spotlight! Hope you are well! Hugs! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have a link to this kitty image. I couldn't find it. He is so adorable

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome card! You're right...the layout is always the hardest. Love the OCL sketch challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just so fabulously fun & cute, Deb - Awesome papers! Love that ornery kitty ... and the sentiment style is a crack-up.

    ~Bev

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun card Deb! Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh how F-U-N!! Love the stitched ribbon with that DP!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG what a cute and fun card!! I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute Deb, love your papers and the cute kitty!

    ReplyDelete