Wednesday, March 3, 2010

NoBunny like you!


Today's challenge at Splitcoaststampers is a fun sketch that is just perfect for using up scraps of designer paper! This adorable bunny is one of my current favorite Spring stamp sets (Hoppin' into Spring)...I just love coloring images like this with my Copic markers!  Kate is expecting this Our Craft Lounge set (recently released at CHA) to be arriving at i {heart} papers any day now!

It was early (about 6:30, and still pretty dark outside) when I was working on this card...looking at it now, the Cameo Coral looks a little bright for the rest of the colors in the scraps of Cosmo Cricket Nutmeg designer paper that I used, but it's all already glued together now, so I'm stickin' with the original plan! ;) I'll probably work on another card using this image soon, because at noon today my box from i {heart} papers arrived, and it had two more new packs of Cosmo Cricket paper (Garden Variety and Joy Ride)along with some new stamps!  Can't wait to play some more!  The Garden Variety 6 x 6 pad has a CARROT-printed paper that will be so cute with this guy!

I kept this card exactly to the sketch, and embellished sparingly, using only this great velvet corduroy ribbon with a little Junkitz ribbon buckle that I've been hoarding forever for just the right project!  Happy to finally use it!

More Notes:

4 comments:

  1. wonderful card - love all the detail!
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. So darling, Deb! And such amazing details.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deb, this card is too cute. The bunny reminds me of Peter Rabbit. I love that you used scraps as well, something I am trying to do more often.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I just LOVE the rich colors on this and what a cute bunny stamp!

    ReplyDelete