Saturday, January 23, 2010

Make a Wish!

I thankfully have a little stash of cards that I made for the {stamps} of Life that I have not yet shared on my blog, so I will be sharing them with you throughout the week. I made them for the release at the beginning of the month (which means I'll have to scramble for the next release upon our return from CHA!).

How about a cupcake? When I first saw this Nook and Pantry paper I thought of sprinkles, so I just had to use it for the icing on this clear stamp from HappyBday2You, our featured January set. I used a Copic marker to shade a few pleats onto the cupcake liner, and to add a bit of variation in color to the candle flame. The rest is all traditional stamping and paper piecing. The little candle pick (you know those little things you stick in the icing to hold a candle...what are they called?!) is a flower from a new special release, Hello2You.

4 comments:

  1. Cool card, Deb! I bet you are having a super wonderful time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card Deb! Just in from the SEI party. Were you there by chance? I will be at Kaisercraft at 10:45 am Sunday for a m/t and after that I will just be walking the floor and my schedule is wide open. Call me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going through all of your latest posts that I missed while otherwise occupied (why does time fly so fast?), and I had to stop and say I LOVE THIS!!! The combo of papers and colors just makes me smile and want to keep on looking!

    ReplyDelete