Sunday, May 17, 2009

Banana Split Sunday!

Another sneak peek from 2RedBananas for 2RB Banana Split Sunday. My card follows the sketch for today's challenge, and previews two of Abbey Westemeyer's new sets, Party Bees, and Sweetie (sentiment only). The colors were partially inspired by an earlier SCS color challenge that I didn't get to play. You know....life happens!

The bees and flowers were stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink on white cardstock, colored with prismas and blended with gamsol. The bees' wings were given a little glimmer with a Copic At You Spica clear gel pen. I cut an oval from The Paper Studio black gingham, added a mat of Summer Sun, and mounted all the images with dimensionals. Using a white gel pen I added a few accents to the edges of the rectangular Tangerine Tango cardstock mat. I used a Stampin' Up scalloped edge punch to bring a bit more white into the design to balance the colors and add some interest.I added some bling to the flower centers, and under the sentiment, which was stamped with craft ink onto the black cardstock base.

Be sure to check out the great designs and sneak peeks that our other 2RB artists have prepared for you! Their links are to the right in the sidebar.

7 comments:

  1. Love the colors, they just pop. Very fun card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Deb, I was wondering if you would be good enough to add a brand new challenge to The Daily Dare. It kicks off on Monday lst June, but please check our the link now with details on the new blog. Thank you...
    Just stopping by to tell you about the exciting new Challenge blog that has just been announced, packed with fresh creative ideas, to be run by myself and Dawn (All Pink Girl). Please stop by the link below and check out the brilliant blog candy on offer and how you can become involved. See you there xxx
    The Next Level.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl....your coloring on these is AWESOME!! Wow Wow WOWWWW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cards are just so awesome! I wish I could put them together they way you do. This one is just adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE how you used these colors. The gingham print and bit of lace remind me of a summer picnic with the bees buzzin' around! What a cool card my friend!

    ReplyDelete