Saturday, January 17, 2009

Always

The Burned Batik technique (for the VSN Challenge, Hunk of Burning Love) was a new one for me! I would like to try it again when I have more options in colors of ink! The stamp set I used is called Always Heart, a Hero Arts set from i {heart} papers. After stamping in Versamark and embossing with a 1/2 and 1/2 mixture of clear EP and Iridescent Ice, I sponged on Elegant Eggplant and Real Red craft inks, then dabbed on some metallic pastes in gold, bronze, and burgundy for some shimmer, which of course, doesn't show up in this picture. These ribbons are from a stash from years of crafting (I'm grateful to say the pile is diminishing!) and the beads on the heart pin were some left over from confirmation class two years ago when the two girls I mentored made beaded bookmarks. A simple layout...it is hard to do much in 45 minutes when you're focusing on a new technique!

1 comment:

  1. What an interesting technique. Thanks for sharing your card.

    ReplyDelete