Friday, July 24, 2009

DTGD/LSC Combo Card


I hope you're having fun playing Dare to Get Dirty challenges! I have been working mostly on cards for upcoming design team commitments, but I did squeeze in one DTGD/LSC combo card. The set I used, The Journey, was a gift from Asela (thank you so much! I love it and have had so much fun with it already!). This was an interesting project for me, because while I have used my red Prisma colors a lot on various images, I realized today that this is probably the first time I've used red as the dominant color. It took me a while to get the shading and highlights that I wanted, and even still, I think I need a lot more practice! You can tell that my stitching needs a bit of refining too! I keep teasing fellow-dirty-girl Kim Teasdale that she needs to tutor me, but I'm seriously hoping she'll teach me some of her tricks for such perfectly even stitching! Until then, I'll keep muddling along!

My card is constructed of Ruby Red, Creamy Caramel, and white SU card stock sponged with a bit of Tim Holtz distress ink. I used a silver gel-pen for the grill, headlights, mirror and hubcaps of the truck, so I decided to add a mat of metallic silver paper and some silver brads as accents. The tag was made with a Nestabilities die and was tied with a small scrap of May Arts two-tone ribbon, both from i {heart} papers.

This image makes me smile because it reminds me of my brothers...they love to refurbish old vehicles, and in fact, my brother Tom had a truck that was similar (probably older) to this one. So often I find images for stamping that remind me of sentimental, special things!

1 comment:

  1. I love this card - I spotted it over at splitcoasters and just had to visit you to read about it!
    Dei from Ireland xx

    ReplyDelete