Sunday, July 5, 2009

Banana Split Sunday!


I hope that all of my fellow Americans are enjoying the long holiday weekend! We're having a great time here! We started off celebrating my birthday on Thursday...Latisha treated me to a lovely full afternoon tea at the Strawberry Tea Room. My cousin's brand new grand-daughter, Alice Grace, was born on my birthday. That evening we got together with our neighbors Luis and Melanie and Luis' parents Luis and Fabi for Japanese hibachi dinner. I spent Friday in pj's stamping the day away, and yesterday we went to see Ice Age 2 in 3D. So funny!

Today's Banana Split Sunday challenge is in keeping with the 4th of July holiday, to make something patriotic. I have to laugh when I look at today's card, because I actually started this one for last week's inspiration challenge but it took on a life of its own and ended up being patriotic when that was not my intention, so I saved it for today and started over. (You can see what I ended up with for last week's challenge here if you haven't already taken a peek at it). And then, after all that, I nearly forgot to upload it! Oops! The other funny thing is that Jeanette and I were on the same wavelength! Our cards for today's challenge both use stars and Sgt. Chicken. I used the stars from May's journaling spot to stamp a background, then added buttons, a dangling *dog tag* and rub-on letters from my long-neglected scrapbook stash.

The Banana Blog features creations from all our designers...it's also the place to link your card when you've finished creating it. We would love for you to play along. Cards created for this challenge would be the perfect donation to Cards for Heroes! Those who serve deserve our gratitude!

6 comments:

  1. Deb...this is SO cute! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deb, I love this!! how you colored the stripes on the journal tag is brilliant - stars and stripes all in one!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWW!! This is just as cute as can be!! I Love your fun stars with sgt. ducky!! :) COOL!!

    ReplyDelete