Sunday, July 26, 2009

Banana Split Sunday!

I had lots of fun with this week's Banana Split Sunday challenge, to Spell it Out using alphabet stickers! I love the warm, rich fall colors in this Pink Paislee paper with just a bit of Almost Amethyst...can you see it in the print? I thought of all kinds of words I could spell with the Captivating alphabet stickers, but ultimately settled on merci because you can never have too many thank you cards! This week we are hosting Crocodile Dock Vacation Bible School at our church, so I thought I'd go w/ the Cajun French version of thank-you! I used my nestabilities to cut and emboss some swirlie embellishments, then inked everything with Tim Holtz distress ink and added a few Flame dewdrops for balance. It is very different with that bit of amethyst, but I kinda like it.

To play along, visit the Banana Blog for inspiration and then return there to upload the link to your card when you're finished. You'll have a chance at winning some alphabet stickers for your *work*! Such fun work, isn't it?!

3 comments:

  1. Oh that shade of blue is so bright and eye catching...love the sponging and how it brings *light* into it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is beautiful Deb! I love the colors and your flourishes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card! I love the colors, and using French just makes it seem so much fancier.

    ReplyDelete