Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Color Dare #26


Today's Color Dare card using Barely Banana, Close to Cocoa, and Bravo Burgundy features Our Craft Lounge's set, Life is Sweet, currently on sale at i {heart} papers. This was a fun, quick card to make. As usual, I started out thinking it was an odd color combination and ended up surprised to be happy with the outcome! I also really like the lines of the sketch, Card Patterns #23, which I found during a session of link-checking for The Daily Dare. I used Primas and Gamsol to color the cupcake image, then sparkled it up with a few quick strokes of Spica glitter pens in clear and sand. I didn't have any Zva crystal swirlies or I certainly would have added them!

Check out the Color Dare blog to be inspired!

7 comments:

  1. Love the cupcake! Looks good enough to eat! Beautiful card, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooo.. What a fabulous color combo! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty and I do like those colors together, very elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you did a great job of balancing elegant and cute on this card! Nice layout - it's always fun to stop by here...

    ReplyDelete