Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Color Dare #23


Today's Color Dare colors are Bashful Blue, Blush Blossom, Handsome Hunter, and Kraft. They just made me think of Granny from Our Craft Lounge! I think this stamp is hilarious! I was so excited to win this set in an OCL sketch challenge a while back!

I love my Stampin' Up markers, but since I have been playing with my Copics the SU markers have been sorta neglected, so I thought it might be kinda fun to pull them out for this card. I used them to color everything except her hair, which I colored with a Copic C1 and then swirlied with a silver gel pen. I went back over the flower centers with a white gel pen to give them a brighter contrast and a little texture. I also added a bit of Spica sparkle to the nails on her fingers and toes and her necklace and bracelets.

I kept the layout simple with fewer layers than usual. The Cuttlebug dotted swiss embossing added some textural interest. For the sentiment, I used markers directly to the stamp. To finish, I punched a scalloped circle, snipped every other scallop toward the center and then curled them to make flower petals (thanks Jami!) with a 5 petal flower center and button.

Visit the Color Dare blog for more inspiration and to leave your link after you've played along! These colors were fun!

6 comments:

  1. This is so adorable! Love that image! Beautifully put together card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. DEB!!!!!! She is so funny! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this Deb!!! You totally rock.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is SO CUTE Deb!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a great image...Awesome card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. FANTASTIC looking card, Deb! LOOOOVE the colors!!

    ...and Happy Birthday! I hope your day was AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete