Sunday, July 19, 2009

Banana Split Sunday!

This week's Banana Split Sunday challenge is to Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle! I did all 3 for my card.

REDUCE: First, I reduced the elements on my card by deciding to keep things Clean and Simple. Next, I stamped the sentiment from our newly released July Journaling Spot on a piece of Naturals Ivory card stock using Wild Wasabi ink.

REUSE: I inked the sand dollar stamp (I reused the same set!), stamped it off on a scratch piece of paper and reused it without re-inking to produce a faint pattern that would not interfere with the readability of the words of the sentiment. I used my Nestabilities long rectangles to cut out the sentiment and mat, then reused the nestie to emboss the edges.

RECYCLE: Finally, I recycled by using a piece of printed tissue paper that came in a long-ago gift box. I trimmed it to fit atop a piece of ivory colored *green* Terracycle paper (this is 100% recycled paper made from wood alternatives) which was mounted on a mat of Wild Wasabi.

All of the layers were inked with Tim Holtz distress ink. I embellished with some corner piercing, adding a strip of crocheted lace left over from a project from June's DD gallery. I finished things off with a Basic Grey green opaline pearl to the center of each of the pretty swirls on the tissue paper.

I hope you like my card, and that it inspires you to play along! Visit the Banana Blog to see what our other team members created, and then once you've finished yours, link it there. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

5 comments:

  1. This card is so beautiful! I love how vintage it looks, and the tissue paper you recycled is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deb, I love this one!!! Gorgoeus background there, and I love your sentiment!

    ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!! This one is absolutely gorgeous Deb!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is so pretty deb with all those pearls!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really lovely card! My favorite elements are the lace and pearls but they are brought to light by your great composition. This is one card I would like to receive.

    ReplyDelete