Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Color Dare #27

OK...now what comes to mind when you think of Elegant Eggplant, Pretty in Pink, Basic Gray, Chocolate Chip? Freaked me out for a while! I couldn't think of a single thing! Finally I settled on Granny and her support team! My friend and I were just talking about how we both have been putting off some of the things that girls have to do periodically, so I guess the idea of a card as a reminder to make those appointments was inspired by that conversation!


This card is quirky! Granny kinda looks like she has been applying the fake tan lotion! I don't have the right flesh tone Copic markers...I desperately need to purchase some better colors! I really liked the look of the lacy edge along the z-fold. I mistakenly thought that the dimensionals would give enough height for the paper to course back and forth without a problem, but that is not the case, so as you open the card the lace edge scrapes underneath the card front. It is a situation of learning from one's mistakes! I guess this one's also a great reminder that sometimes this hobby is all about the journey and not the outcome! I may end up doing some reconstruction on it! My friend is my upline though...so she will appreciate it just as it is!

Take a peek at the Color Dare blog to see the team's creations!

2 comments:

  1. I adore this image! It's really cute! Beautiful card, as always Deb! Hope all is well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a GREAT card!!! And a fun way to send a friend a thoughtful reminder!

    ReplyDelete