Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Inspiration!

In yesterday's post I showed you our hallway and some of the wooden holiday ornaments that I've made. I have actually designed a few pieces myself, but most are patterns from books that I have purchased from The Artists' Club. For some reason, this time of year always gives me the fever to paint! I have a stash of books that contain patterns and if I painted even one project from each one I could be painting for years, but of course I always want something new! Renee Mullins is one of my current favorite designers. This is her newest book and it is filled with fun projects!

The Artists' Club has resources that are mostly dedicated to painting with acrylics and similar media. However, their surfaces are easily adaptable to paper crafting. There are quite a few that I would love to experiment with! They had an Advent Countdown with little cubbies for surprises. I think it would be so fun to alter one of those! I am wondering if it sold out already, because I don't see it anymore. Since I've been stamping I haven't painted nearly as much!

Wednesday is sketch day at SCS....I wanted to make a card in honor of Race for the Cure. I have many friends who have been affected by breast cancer, and they are not only survivors but overcomers! They are an inspiration to me!

Notes:
Stamps: Like it a Latte (SU!), Celebrate Life! (Technique Tuesday)
Paper: Close to Cocoa, Regal Rose, Whisper White, retired SU! DP
Inks: Regal Rose, Close to Cocoa
Accessories: Clear EP, brads


I'm looking forward to tomorrow....we hope to have a quiet day to get some good schooling in and hopefully also a few cards!

1 comment: