Wednesday, April 4, 2012

I've a Song in My Heart...


...and it's the Birthday song!  I'm actually a day early but it's already time to celebrate!  Tomorrow is my sweet friend Korin Sutherland's birthday! We're partying early since tomorrow is the fantastic April Release Blog Hop for Korin's company, Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps, and we didn't want to take the spotlight away from that. After all, every birthday girl deserves her OWN day in the spotlight, so please join us as we celebrate Korin's birthday a little early!  I'm sure you will agree...it's nice to spend an extra day celebrating!

Sweet and Sassy Stamps was one of my very first design teams...that in itself gives it and Korin a special place in my heart, but that team was about so much more than stamping!  We all were so close, not just in our love of this hobby, but because we shared our lives with each other and prayed for each other on a regular basis.  Being part of that team was such an amazing experience!  I love Korin and am so honored to be invited to her virtual birthday party!

The stamp set that I chose for Korin's card is called Melody of Love.  It is a beautiful image that celebrates music and the love of friends, so I thought it was perfect for today's birthday blog party!  I found some beautiful Kaiser Craft foil designer paper in my stash, with rich browns, soft blues and lovely corals (I wish the camera would've caught its amazing copper lustre!) that work very well with this image, which I colored with Copic markers.  A delicate fleur de lis border, some girlie tulle, pearls and swirls make what could be considered a masculine color combo very feminine indeed.  Some Sweet Pea Flower Soft adds some soft color and texture to the flower centers...Korin's card will be my entry for this week's Flower Soft challenge, "anything goes!"

Below is the whole birthday party train....prepare yourself for some fantastic cupcakes and ice cream from these talented ladies!!
Feel free to leave Korin some early birthday love, either on her blog, her Facebook page, or the Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps Facebook page!

19 comments:

  1. Oh I haven't seen that image in a while and you're done an amazing job with it...beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, Deb! But then, I always love your work. Miss you!
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card Deb! Your coloring is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is one of my favorite SNSS images, Deb, and you've colored it up beautifully!

    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just fabulous Deb!!!! ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning card. I love this card. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Deb, this is truly lovely! Your coloring is stupendous! Thanks so much for joining the fun celebration for Korin :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Deb! Your card is beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely card Deb. That image is beautiful and the coloring is awesome. The swirls look great with the ribbon and button.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful colored, gorgeous card! love that set

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a simply wonderful card! It is a masterpiece. LOVE that image and the coloring and that great cut border.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lots of work went into this card! Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ohhh this is a beauty, Deb! Love the coloring on the image, the border punch and beautiful bow! Praying you are well!

    ReplyDelete