Sunday, April 1, 2012

Happy New Year! JK!


Hahaha!  Just kidding!  Did you know that April Fools' Day came about when people celebrated the new year on April 1st, unaware that when Caesar brothers Julius and Augustus added their months to the calendar they changed New Year's Day to January 1st instead?!  :)  That's your history lesson for the day!

I got one of those printed calendars in the mail with a Better Homes and Gardens magazine offer, and it was just too pretty to throw away, so I decided to paper-craft with it!  I used a Sizzix banner die to cut the shapes, inked them with Stephanie's ink, and strung them with twine to a single layer card.  The sentiment is from a brand new set released today from The {Stamps} of Lifebirthday2celebrate.

My card is simple but I think it came out kinda cute and fun!  I hope you like it too!  Happy April Fools' Day!

1 comment: