Thursday, September 5, 2024

Cool & Crisp Fall


Hello again friends!  It's one of those high white hazy days in Florida, threatening rain but thankfully a little cooler than it has been recently, and I'm still dreaming of Fall!  

I had made this center-step-fold card base a while back, so when I sat down to stamp this week's project I had a little bit of a head start.  I thought the images and sentiments from our new Fall sets would work well with this layout, so I pulled out an Autumn paper pad and got to work.  


I love the way the gingham and striped papers accentuate the folds of the card.  The color palette from the papers set the stage for the Copic marker colors used for the focal image as well.  


Delicata ink splashes and sparkly accents were applied with diluted ink and a skinny paintbrush.  I wish you could see how pretty it is IRL; unfortunately it is so hard to capture with a camera. And a confession:  that green pearl is there because my ink pads are getting rather old and I ended up with a "canvas ink blob" that begged to be covered up!    


The plaid paper and this leaf from one of our older stamp sets help to bring the color palette from the front to the inside of the card.  It fits nicely in that little niche at the top of the card and draws attention to those little details.  

No comments:

Post a Comment