Thursday, September 19, 2024

Deepest Sympathy


Hi y'all!  I'm here this week with a soft, simple version of a sympathy card.  Sometimes I make sympathy cards in advance because it is emotionally a bit easier that way, but this one was made after the loss of a dear sweet friend.  She was a calm, serene, wise, lovely soul who really "walked her talk" and she is already terribly missed. Patrick and I were in Michigan/Wisconsin at the time of her passing and her services were held while we were still away.  Honestly I'm still trying to wrap my heart around the idea that she's gone...she and her family were constantly in my thoughts and prayers as I created this card.


I used a combination of green and blue-green distress oxide inks topped with Delicata copper to stamp the eucalyptus branches and then die-cut them with their coordinating dies.    


They peek through the opening made from Spellbinders classic circles cut from the card front.  I used the "positive" circle of designer paper on the card's inside so none of that lovely paper would go to waste.  


Then when the card is opened, the "forever in our hearts" sentiment is revealed.  The heart was die-cut from another beautiful sheet from the same designer paper pad.  I love these papers so much!  This particular color combo especially!  If I had had some ice blue or aqua rhinestones or bliss pearls, I certainly would have used them!  I need to re-stock my sparkly things!       

Supplies:
Love and miss you, dear Miss Anne!  

No comments:

Post a Comment