Thursday, June 15, 2023

A Botanical Specimen


I found a real biological specimen (a cicada, not sure I've ever seen one IRL before! photo at the end of this post!) on our sidewalk yesterday, so today's Stamp Simply project is a Botanical Specimen card!  I've used several sets from one of our floral bundles to make this card.  The daffodil is one of my favorites, and I love this bundle because (besides the beautiful images)/(like so many of our sets) the sentiments work interchangeably so well together.  I adore this font combination!  And honestly, just about anything Tim Holtz is another favorite!


I wish I would have thought to make the inside of the slide from vellum or transparency.   I am gonna have to make another one just to see what it would look like!

And OH!  Voice of experience on those little tiny numbers/letters on these TH dies...tape the back side with tape!  Do not use glue because it seeps through and makes a mess!  I actually experimented adhering them three different ways.  Above, I just removed the tiny letters and let a darker piece of card stock peek through.


Next I left the letters in place and glued the whole thing to another piece of card stock.  Even trying to use the minimum amount of glue, it seeped through and I had a hard time (with a gum eraser) trying to un-stickify it!  I still haven't gotten it all off!


So finally, plain ole Scotch tape to the back side is what worked the best!

The bonus for a card like this is that even though florals are generally thought of as feminine, this streamline no-frills version would really work for a guy as well.  

Supplies:
And just in case you are curious:  



No comments:

Post a Comment