Thursday, August 15, 2019

Pumpkin Spice & Everything Nice!


Sometimes cards are inspired by unexpected things and today's Stamp Simply card was just that!  We were traveling last week to visit my husband's family in Michigan's Upper Peninsula, and on Saturday, my sisters-in-law and I went to the Farmer's Market. Afterward we decided to stop for a cup of coffee in Organic Grounds Coffeehouse.  This turned out to be a BIG bonus for me, because everything they serve there is gluten-free.  I went gluten-free in January of 2013, and in the past it's been quite challenging to find gluten-free food in a primarily Italian, pasta-everywhere town, but over the years it has gotten easier and this year was the best ever.  I loaded up on GF cookies, muffins, and tarts while I was there.  Yup, I treated myself, because...vacation!

Besides the coffee and food, I loved the decor and atmosphere in Organic Grounds Coffeehouse and that's where the inspiration for today's project came from!  Look at how cute and clever this wall is!  After returning home and finding this bicycle paper in the package of beautiful papers that Sharon sent me, I was inspired!  (And yes, there was a delicious gluten-free pecan pumpkin muffin in the bag of goodies I had purchased).  


I used our coffee mug die cut to cut a mug from one of the printed rectangles and two other printed papers from the paper pack, embellishing it with a Copic-colored trio of acorns fussy-cut from the leaf/acorn image in our Give Thanks stamp set.  


The inside is the pumpkin from our Welcome Fall set.  I love this image!  Here it is stamped and colored directly on the inside panel of card stock, but there are dies to match so it could be diecut and popped up on dimensionals if preferred.

Supplies:
If you haven't visited the Stamp Simply online store lately, you should!  Sharon just added a lot of new designer paper, and I can personally attest that you NEED some!  It is all so scrumptious!

1 comment: