Thursday, May 25, 2017

Sunshine and Rain!


It seems like it's been months since we've had a good, soaking rain here in Northeast Florida, but finally in the last several days we have gotten some relief!  It rained for the entire morning yesterday, and was as dark at noon as it had been at 6:30 in the morning.  I'm not complaining!  I'm usually not a fan of dreary weather, but we desperately needed it!  

The sunshine and rain are what inspired the colors and background for today's card.  The distress oxides are really fun to work with!  I misted some watercolor paper, then used a paintbrush to lift the colors from a craft sheet and apply them to the paper, allowing the blues and greens and yellows to run together, misting again with water, allowing the paint to swirl, and setting the colors with a heat tool.  Then I dipped a really wet brush into the inks again, tapping it against another brush to splash puddles of color onto the page, drying between colors and repeating the process to add several layers.  I really love the way it turned out!  It definitely has the look of raindrops.  

While it was raining you could almost see the thirsty earth drinking in the nourishing water, and afterward everything was bright and green and refreshed.  That's how this beautiful background makes me feel!  


Everything I used for today's card is available from Stamp Simply:

2 comments: